Monday, June 3, 2013

Ramen Salad

Whenever we're invited to a potluck or party, this is my go-to recipe for what to bring!  If my family was bigger, I'd make it more often, but it makes so darn much that we never finish it before it gets mushy.  It's the one dish where when I bring it out, everyone goes "Oh, I LOVE that salad and I'm so glad you brought it!"  It's another easy recipe and is easy enough to make up either a day ahead of time, or a couple hours beforehand.
Here's a tip...I've found it's way cheaper to go to the bulk section in the grocery store for the slivered almonds and sesame seeds than to go to the spice section.
Here you go!

Ramen Salad

1 head cabbage
1 cans white meat chicken
2 pkg chicken ramen
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1/2 c. slivered almonds

For dressing:
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp seasoning salt
2 or 3 tsp sugar (to taste)
3 tbsp. vinegar
seasoning packets from ramen noodles

1. Shred cabbage
2. Brown almonds, sesame seeds and crushed ramen noodles (~250 to 300 degrees in the oven (keep an eye on them and mix them occasionally.  Once they start to brown, they brown fast.  It normally takes around half an hour to 45 minutes in my oven))

3. Drain and add chicken to cabbage


4. Mix oil, vinegar, sesasoning salt, sugar and ramen seasoning packets in a separate, small bowl for dressing
5. Toss in almonds/sesame seeds/noodles and dressing just before serving  (the noodles start to get soggy after a while, but it's still delicious the next day if there's any left!)


No comments:

Post a Comment