Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Gift Tags

I try to make tags for the gifts we give at Christmastime every year.  Usually I have grand intentions, but the execution of said ideas doesn't fully come to fruition.  I remember a few years ago, I just took to using a sharpie and writing everyone's names right on the wrapping paper!  So much for cute, homemade tags!  Last year, I got as far as getting the tags punched out and then just scribbled the names on them.
This year however, I had a few extra minutes to add some finishing touches to them.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  I used my Creative Memories tag maker and punched out as many tags as I could get out of a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock.  A quick dig through my stamps, and the perfect one was found!  Then, it was just a matter of stamping and embossing.  I used my versamark watermark ink pad, and some white embossing powder.  A blast of heat, and they were done.  All that was left to do was to write everyone's names on them.  They're not much, but I think they add just enough of a personalized, crafty touch.  If I can't find the time to make everyone's gifts, I can at least make some tags!


No comments:

Post a Comment