Thursday, December 13, 2012

Office Christmas Decor

I work for a small company, that at times is insanely busy.  At other times though, I'm all caught up on paperwork and I'm able to bring my cameo and my cricut in and get my crafty on.  My boss has mentioned several times when the decor is done that he really likes how it looks and is glad that my coworker and I take the initiative to spruce the place up...as long as work continues to get done!
Christmastime has always been the main time that the office gets decorated.  Every year we add a little more.  This year, we decided to try vinyl.  I love how it turned out, and it was so much easier than cutting out, layering, and laminating a ton of paper.  We've still got the paper decorations from years past and while they still look good, we noticed that they faded A LOT!  Green and red just don't do so well sitting in the window!  By the time we pulled them down last year, the green had faded so much that it almost looked blue!  Note to self...don't use cheap paper in my scrapbooks!
Anyway, as I was saying, we decided to try vinyl this year.  We did a trial run over the fall to see how it would hold up, and we were very impressed.  It's so easy to work with, and fairly easy to take down.  The only downside is that you can't save it for next year once you take it down.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though...just means that we can come up with new decor next year!  Oh darn, another excuse to bring my stuff back in!
I really love how the windows turned out.  We used a combination of things that we had leftover that I cut out with my cricut last year, and things that I found in the silhouette store and cut out with my cameo this year.  Using the laminated paper cutouts on the inside of the window, and the vinyl cutouts on the outside, really gave the decorations a sense of depth too.
Now to come up with ideas for the rest of the holidays!

We used two different colors for snowflakes, cut out at various sizes.

 I loved this design as soon as I saw it and just had to use it!
 I loved this one too, and only did one for each window since it was a layered design.
 The whole window, well one of them.  The other one looks nearly identical.
 Paper/laminated cricut cutout from last year

I'm not entirely satisfied with how the pictures of the window turned out.  It's quite hard to get a good picture of the windows of the office because there's so much glare and reflection off of them.  Oh well, at least I've got something to look back at next year when we're decorating again!

No comments:

Post a Comment