Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mashed potatoes and chili

AKA...what I make for dinner when I don't feel like cooking. Tonight was one of those nights. I developed a raging ear infection when we got back from all of our Christmas festivities. :( Why is it that illness always comes when I get a "bonus" day off work? Oh well. At least I don't have to take a sick day or vacation day for it. After debating for a few hours yesterday, I took a trip to the doctor and am now on antibiotics. The only problem is that I'm still not feeling great, and therefore not in the mood to cook anything that takes a while lot of effort.
Enter the quickest dinner in our meal rotation. Hubby introduced me to this while we were still dating. I thought it was weird at first, but quickly became a fan when he first made it for me. Seriously...easiest.meal.ever. It can totally be made more gourmet with mashed potatoes from scratch, and chili from scratch however, when energy is lacking, open a can of chili, mix up some instant potatoes and dinner is served! Top it with some cheese, or any other toppings you desire, and you've got a quick and filling meal when you have a busy weeknight, or a night when you don't feel like cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment